What data we collect and where is the data collected from?
We primarily collect personal data directly from you. We also obtain information based on your customer relationship or other factual connection through the use of different channels, for example through the channels listed below:
- Our website: We collect information for example via quote requests, order forms for notices and contact forms. Through our website www.nurminenlogistics.com it is possible to order notices and newsletters and submit for example job applications for job searching.
- Cookies: We may obtain information about the use of our website by utilizing cookies. The purpose of using cookies is to ease the use of our website. When you visit our website, we may collect information related to your computer, IP address, operating system and browser type, for example, for statistical purposes or for management of our website. The information we collect is mainly composed of data that does not enable connecting separate information to a specific user.
- Third party service providers: We may also collect, store and update your personal data from public data sources and via other possible partners (for example data controllers offering address information, updating registries or other similar services).
We collect and process inter alia the following data:
- Contact information: forename and surname, title, company name (business ID), address, phone number, email address, company website.
- Data related to customer relationship or other contractual relation: billing information and transaction, identification and technical information, such as cookies. In addition, the following data of occasional private customers may be processed: purchase and customer relationship history, customer relationship, transaction, order and service information (such as product, purchase, price, benefit, offer, delivery, billing, customer satisfaction, reclamation and other necessary information).
- Data related to marketing: consents to marketing or marketing bans, usage and transaction information from communication in different services and channels and service and content usage.
- Data related to recruitment process: Information related to recruitment process such as name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, photo as well as education and employment history.
- The personal data of insiders: First name and surname, identification number, date of birth (in respect of a foreign person), function of the insider and reason for being insider, telephone number and address of the insider.
For what purposes is the data collected?
- Providing services and fulfilling contracts: We may process your personal data for providing the service you have requested, for fulfilling other requests received from you (such as quote request or other contact request), for handling your order and for fulfilling, maintaining, developing and analyzing the contractual relations between you and Nurminen, and for necessary identification and data protection measures.
- Planning, development, maintenance and monitoring of Nurminen’s business operations: Your personal data may be processed for planning, development, maintenance and monitoring of different parts of Nurminen’s business operations.
- Management and maintenance of customer and contact relationships: We may process your data for communication and providing information about our services and other matters regarding our company, and for targeted service, communication, inquiry and other similar actions.
- Marketing and other communications: We may process your personal data for corporate communications, providing information about topical issues and events, direct marketing and other equivalent addressed communication.
- Recruiting: We may also process your personal data for carrying out the recruitment process and providing information on the status and results of the recruitment process.
- Fulfilling statutory obligations: Nurminen has a statutory obligation to have an insider lists of its insiders. Nurminen processes the personal data of insiders in connection with complying with statutory obligations concerning the insider information.
The legal basis for processing personal data is Nurminen’s legitimate interest to process the personal data of its own customers’ and other partners’ contact persons for the management and maintenance of contractual relations and for marketing.
How is the data processed and retained?
We have a legal obligation to ensure that your information is kept accurate and up to date. We invite you to assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your information.
We retain your personal data only for as long as it is necessary for that particular purpose or for fulfilling our statutory obligation. We comply with statutory retention times and our internal retention time policies in our operations.
Nurminen has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your privacy and to ensure that only authorized persons are given access to the personal data. Nurminen also has internal policies in place for minimizing the risks related to processing of personal data.
Is data transferred to third parties?
We may also disclose and process your personal data within the limits set by the Data Protection Law for protecting our legitimate interests (for example in civil and criminal legal proceedings).
Your personal data is not transferred to or disclosed outside the EU/EEA.
What are your rights?
We have a legal obligation to execute your rights and choices listed below:
- Right to access and rectification: You have the right to be informed by us whether or not personal data about you is being processed and if it is being processed, a right to access all personal data concerning you. In addition, you have the right to be informed inter alia about the purpose of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the estimated retention period of the personal data. You have the right to request that Nurminen corrects without undue delay inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you.
- Right to object: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, which is based on Nurminen’s legitimate interest, unless Nurminen demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which overrides your interests, or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to erasure: You may also request that Nurminen erases your personal data if e.g. the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or for it was otherwise processed, the processing is unlawful, or the personal data has to be erased to enable us to comply with a legal requirement.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to transmit the personal data that you have provided to us to another controller without hindrance from Nurminen. The right to data portability applies to personal data that is being processed automatically with your consent or in accordance with a contract to which you are party. Nurminen will provide the personal data to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit them directly to another controller, if this is technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw your consent: In cases where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
- Opt-out from marketing:You have the opportunity to opt out of future marketing whenever we send you marketing material.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, or would like further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaint to Data Protection Authority
You also have a right to file a complaint with a national supervisory authority if you feel that Nurminen has violated Data Protection Law when processing personal data. The contact information of the Data Protection Ombudsman:
Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman
P.O. Box 800
Tel.: +358 29 56 66700 (exchange)
Nurminen is the controller of your personal data for the purposes described above. You can find our contact information from https://www.nurminenlogistics.com/en/contact/