Bang & Bonsomer: A solution-oriented partner enables a continuous cooperation
Founded in 1927, the Finnish family business Bang & Bonsomer offers its customers new material technology solutions. Distribution, own products, process technology solutions, service, and own application laboratories and technical centres are part of Bang & Bonsomer’s extensive range of services. In addition to Finland, the company operates in Russia, the Baltic states, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus and Scandinavia.
– Our goal is to be an innovative material technology company that offers knowledge, skills and traditions, says Eero Kangaslahti, Chief Operating Officer at Bang & Bonsomer.
Nurminen Logistics and Bang & Bonsomer began cooperation in 2004 when Nurminen established a logistics centre in Kotka. In the early stages of cooperation, Nurminen Logistics was involved in increasing Bang & Bonsomer’s business in the East, but the cooperation has since changed shape.
– The good location of the warehouses influenced the choice of a partner. At that point, our business share in Russia was growing significantly, Kangaslahti recalls.
Today, Bang & Bonsomer’s cooperation with Nurminen focuses on the Finnish operations – Nurminen has been agilely involved the company’s various development stages.
– Cooperation with Nurminen has continued, as Nurminen’s warehousing resources are among the best in Finland. And if something has come to an end, then something new has begun. The cooperation has been continuous, says Kangaslahti.
– Nurminen has provided solutions for a variety of business needs. They have always been able to provide us with additional services we have needed, and the cooperation between us has been good – above all, it has been open and instructive, Kangaslahti adds.
Many of Bang & Bonsomer’s new operations are still launched in cooperation
with Nurminen. Nurminen is our partner in warehousing, exports and imports.
– Nurminen has been, above all, an enabler. There has not been a situation that hasn’t worked out, but the operating models have been altered to suit both parties. They have always been flexible and solution oriented. Nurminen has been well involved in our customers’ business development models, Kangaslahti sums up.